In this time of uncertainty during the COVID-19 pandemic, small brands and businesses are experiencing change like never before with no current end in sight. While many food brands have gained massive surges in sales as millions of people stock up in anticipation of coronavirus control measures, emerging brands are having to re-evaluate their businesses, modify marketing messaging, and re-consider general market strategies for the foreseeable future.
The team at SPINS, a wellness-focused data technology company, shared some helpful tips for emerging brands to consider during this unprecedented time of COVID-19. While a lot of business efforts may seem frozen in time for now as the future is unexpected, the following tips may make sense for your business, while you and your team work remotely.
- Aggressively ramp up your e-comm and marketing efforts to lead consumers to buy direct
- Reach out to your stakeholders with genuine empathy and samples sent directly to their homes. This provides your brand and you with a chance to differentiate.
- Increase your LinkedIn presence with meaningful posts, brand presence messaging, and appropriately communicating to the world that you are still open for business, etc.
- Angel investors are likely sitting on cash right now and an investment in a brand is likely far less volatile than most anything else in the market right now
- Ensure that you have the right distributor in place with ability to ramp up quickly/meet your future needs — evaluate bringing on a new regional-based distributor in areas they are under-served, for example
You can read a more in-depth discussion about how growing CPG brands can refine go-to market strategies by reading this blog post, to gain more insight on re-evaluating your marketing strategies.